"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Big Dawg has still got it
Posted by Jill | 5:19 AM
I'm no great fan of Bill Clinton. He's the one who started out this business of capitulation to Republicans (and look where that got him), he squandered a fair chunk of his presidency because he never really dealt with his childhood baggage, he's needy, he's a pain in the ass, and he was horrible to Barack Obama in the primaries.

That said, no one does overseas negotiation better (even if the unheralded involvement of the Secretary of State is going to give the Freepers fits about Klinton Konspiracies (and about Bill Clinton on a plane with two young women):
Former President Bill Clinton left North Korea on Wednesday morning after a dramatic 20-hour visit, in which he won the freedom of two American journalists, opened a diplomatic channel to North Korea’s reclusive government and dined with the North’s ailing leader, Kim Jong-il.

Mr. Clinton departed from Pyongyang, the capital, around 8:30 a.m. local time, along with the journalists, Laura Ling, 32, and Euna Lee, 36, on a private jet bound for Los Angeles, according to a statement from the former president’s office.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Can you even imagine a scenario where Geo W Bush would be sent to any country to arrange anything?

Thank God for Clinton. I'm sure the families of these young women are relieved beyond words.

Anonymous Phoenix said...
I think Bill is great. Always have. I can't imagine being in that situation, looking up and seeing Bill Clinton. I would be beside myself. I know he's controversial and I wouldn't neccesarily leave him alone with my niece but Bill...Kudos

Anonymous Anonymous said...
obama sucks with international diplomacy...he is all hype.............he has done nothing about the economy , much more nothing on international diplomacy and or fight on terror..............big disppointment

Blogger arobinbird said...
I LOVE BILL CLINTON-WISH HE COULD RUN AGAIN!! THE OBAMA ERA JUST KEEPS LOOKING BETTER....

Blogger Unknown said...
GOOD POINT DOOD! STAY AWESOME LOL!!

Blogger Cirze said...
Gee,

And I thought he was just going over to give them the quid for the quo.

Money passed hands I'll bet.

And North Korea joins the nuclear world legit.

S

Blogger jurassicpork said...
I always said Slick Willie would make for a better Secretary of State than his wife. He has an appeal plus depth and breadth of international political experience that even Obama doesn't quite have.

So what's John Bolton's problem with an actual, honest-to-God "Mission Accomplished"? Well, because a Republican didn't spring them. They did the same thing to Nancy Pelosi when she went to Syria a couple of years ago, despite a bipartisan delegation doing the same thing.