"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday Big Blue Smurf Blogging: What They Said
Posted by Jill | 8:10 PM
Today's honoree: Matt Yglesias, with the Thought of the Day:
I would pay good money to hear Sonia Sotomayor say, “Senator Sessions, I think it’s ironic to be facing these questions from a man whose judicial nomination was rejected by this very committee on the grounds that he’s a huge racist.”


I would like to see her quote David Letterman from lo these many years ago when he asked Rush Limbaugh, "Do…do you ever feel like saying to yourself, 'I'm just a big bag of hot gas!'?"

Honorable mention: Bustednuckles, who has the decency to correct his mistakes and is still right even with them.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Phil said...
Thanks for the honorable mention sweetie.
I try to man up when I know I have fucked up, someone points out I am wrong, the same response, man up.
sometimes my mouth outruns the sped of sound.

You are so good to me!

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Isn't she Emptywheel?

Blogger Phil said...
Yep, M.T. Wheeler.