"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, July 18, 2009

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere: Because it's Not Just About Me
Posted by Jill | 6:46 AM
As much as I like my current job (and I do, despite the preposterous deadline under which I'm currently working), there are certain things I miss about having a less-demanding schedule. One of them is the time to do yoga or walk in the morning. Another is the ability to spend time reading my fellow bloggers in the morning. If I'm linking less these days it's because I just don't have time to read as much as I used to.

So this morning I figured I'd take a trip around and catch up.

I keep forgetting that if I go nowhere else, I should stop in at The Sideshow, which is sort of like online grocery shopping for blogs worth reading.

From the "And they actually PAY people to come up with this shit?" file comes this from Maha, in which the wingnut Cato Institute decides that the way to deal with health care is to allow insurance companies to charge whatever they want, but then you have to buy insurance insurance to make sure that you are covered for lack of insurance. Do you have a headache yet?

Susie Madrak is out of work, is having trouble finding work in this economy, and has to have surgery on top of it. Can you help out a fellow American who's down on her luck? God will save a kitten if you do.

ModFab does not bemoan the decline and fall of theatre critics.

I always enjoy Star-Ledger TV critic Alan Sepinwall's recaps of shows like Lost and Dexter. But he's worth reading about the death of Walter Cronkite, too. See also: Fallenmonk and an uncharacteristically succinct Bustednuckles,

Andy Ostroy wants to know in what time warp 9/11 happened on Clinton's watch but this is Obama's economy after just five months.

Jurassicpork is not at all upset that Marcy Wheeler said "blowjob" on national television. I was watching when she said it, and while I was surprised, I was thrilled that at last someone had the balls to say it. And Shuster's attempt at a non-reaction was priceless. It's unfortunate that this means Marcy will never be invited to speak on television ever again.

Lee Randall at The Scotsman pays tribute to one of our top ten favorite bloggers and my own self-acceptance Zen mistress, Kate Harding.
Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Anonymous tata said...
Are you still in Germany?

Blogger Steve said...
Re, Marcy Wheeler's ban from the airwaves, 4eva ..... what we really need to hear is more ethnic hate spewing spittle from that dear, demented, white, Uncle Buck.

And to think, we have been blessed with these angry, entitled, Irishmen amongst us because of a freakin' potato.