"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere
Posted by Jill | 5:22 AM
Because I haven't given out enough linky-love lately.

Brad Friedman goes to the polls to see if just maybe, they got it right this time.

What Hilzoy said.

Jesse Wendel waxes poetic about baseball (not that it's hard -- unless you are a Mets fan these days.

If you're still wondering what you're going to do Wednesday nights this summer, Paul Levinson puts off the agony for a few minutes by deconstructing the Lost season finale.

Fran I Am ponders fear.

OMYWORD tells journalists that if they don't want to see the end of journalism, perhaps they might try being journalists.

Every now and then some self-righteous prig pops in and says something about my sometimes salty language. Usually this takes the form of how it detracts from eloquence, and perhaps it does. Except when it comes from the keyboard of the Ornery Bastard. Then it's fuckin' poetry, I tell ya.

AK Muckraker
gives us another reason not to donate to the national party committees.


Doghouse Riley
is with me on the "Eff the Effing credit card companies"* thing.

Blue Girl
on the closing of the "Security Gap". Too bad the Democrats in Congress haven't realized it yet.

And finally, via the Fumigator-in-Chief: Is this what we've been reduced to? The guy who used to wear a feather boa on WWF broadcasts does a better smackdown of wingnut talking points than anyone in the Democratic Party?


Labels:

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Distributorcap said...
it is pretty sad when the best voice these days is ventura....

i have officially banned morning schmoe from my desk. it is now the WPIX morinng news - which is so frivolous it is relaxing

Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...
I blogged about that same exact video today. Twins! xo

Blogger Fran said...
You are generous with the link love and I thank you.