"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sunday spring tease blogging
Posted by Jill | 11:25 AM
It is 50 degrees here in Northern New Jersey, and the sad remnants of now-unwelcome snow have begun to sag in the uncharacteristically warm weather. If you have crappy drainage by your house, you are utterly screwed today because the melted snow has nowhere else to go but the basement. Fortunately, we only get clobbered when there's like eight inches of rain in four hours. But after two weeks of bitter cold, I couldn't wait to get out to take a nice long walk this morning. Five blocks later, the line of rain that ought to have been safely up in Orange County, New York, decided to mosey on south, and it started to rain. Hard. So I turned around and came home, because 50 is just not quite warm enough that walking in the rain is pleasant, and besides -- my Zen Sleek was not going to appreciate the bath.

A half hour later, the sun came out.

If there is a God, he is one twisted, sick individual.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger jurassicpork said...
What's a Zen sleek?

Blogger Melina said...
Well, Im happy with the 53 degrees here but the melting ice brings out the embedded chicken poo and...er...dog poo...so Im chipping and raking and getting things in order for whatever comes next.
Its windy here!
Now problem 2...adorable dog of my heart chewed my headphones and I seem to have handed out all my spares to children in need...shit!

Im also in a horrible mood about the cuts form the stimulus package...i think that the votes should be called out and the actual cuts should be listed on prime time when Obama speaks tonight? tomorrow?...whichever day. I think its MOnday!

Blogger Jill said...
JP, it's an MP3 player that Creative no longer makes. Too bad, too. It's got a 20GB hard drive, a built-in microphone and FM radio. It's a fantastic little player.