"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, December 04, 2008

The cowboy imagery has outlived its usefulness
Posted by Jill | 6:26 AM
It looks like George W. Bush's big shows of clearing brush are over. He and Queen Thorazine are looking for a house in Dallas:
First lady Laura Bush showed off the White House on Wednesday in all its Christmas finery and let slip that the family’s Christmas present was going to be a new home in Dallas.

While prefacing her remarks by saying she "wasn’t making an announcement today," Bush sort of did make one: "We will be moving to Dallas in January. There might be a new house coming along, so that’s where we’re going to be spending our Christmas money."


I wonder how all the people who deluded themselves for eight years that this rhinestone cowboy was some kind of throwback to the macho old west think about this? More importantly, I wonder if they've learned anything from their eight years of self-delusion?

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
My worldview is shattered. The only reason I voted for Bush in 2004 is because he cleared brush in Crawford.

Blogger Peter Clothier said...
I actually believe that Bush enjoyed clearing brush. It's a simple, uncomplicated task that involves only the kind of physical exercise he thrives on. He doesn't seem to me like a city guy at all. But that, perhaps, as you suggest, is all illusion.