"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Can we stop pretending that Karl Rove is some kind of pundit now?
Posted by Jill | 8:07 PM
Yesterday Joe Sudbay, brave soul that he is, started his day by watching the Today show:
today, the show hit a new low. The expert guest to analyze the new administration was Karl Rove. Yes, FOX News contributor Karl Rove was on my t.v. this morning talking about Obama. It was surreal hearing Rove, who owns a lot of responsibility for the failed Bush presidency, pontificating about the next administration. That's rich, especially since the new administration has to clean up the enormous foreign and domestic policy disasters left by Rove's boss. And, of course, there was no accountability demanded of Rove by Matt Lauer.

I realize that Karl Rove is only a pundit now. He can't hurt us or the country anymore. He can only further destroy the GOP. In fact, we owe him some gratitude for foisting Sarah Palin on John McCain. We can only hope he continues to advise the Republican Party. He's done so much for them already.


I'm not so sure about that. After all, Americans have short memories and Jeb Bush is looking at a Senate run. But I think it's time for mainstream media to stop giving this marshmallow man a forum, now that he is running the "Bush Legacy Project."

I only wish I was kidding:

The conversation then moved to discussing the series of exit interviews that George Bush is giving, and Bush's admission that he was not "ready for war". Stephen Hayes then fills us in with this little tidbit:


Yeah it's pretty, it's pretty amazing stuff. I mean, I think that in his discussion about immigration and regretting the tone of the debate, I mean clearly I think that was a criticism of his own party. We're going to be seeing a lot more of this and there's an ongoing Bush legacy project that's been meeting in the White House, really, with senior advisers, Karl Rove, Karen Hughes has been involved, current senior Bush administration advisers and they are looking at how to sort of roll out the President's legacy.



Bush Legacy Project? Is this going to be the World's Smallest Web Page, or what?

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share