"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Bush family is not going to go away
Posted by Jill | 5:28 AM
It's tempting to think that once January 20 arrives, we are rid of the Bush family forever. But we should avoid making that assumption, because as we now know for certain, the Bush family regards the country and indeed the entire world as its own personal fiefdom, and they are not going to give it up -- ever. So the push is on to put Jeb Bush in the Senate to wait in the wings for 2012:
President Bush is touting his younger brother Jeb’s qualifications to replace retiring Republican Mel Martinez as the next senator from Florida.

“He would be an awesome U.S. senator,” Bush said in a wide-ranging interview with RealClearPolitics.

“I think the party would benefit a lot by having Jeb Bush in the U.S. Senate,” the president added. “I think Florida would benefit a lot. I think the country would benefit a lot. And I think the Republican Party would benefit a lot. He is a proven leader who, when given responsibilities, succeeded.”

Earlier this month Jeb, a former two-term governor of Florida, told Politico that he is “considering” a run for Martinez’s seat. The Florida senator announced his retirement on Dec. 2.


I suspect that this is the real focus of the Bush Legacy Project -- not so much to burnish the legacy of the worst president in the history of the country, but because Jeb is the son that George Herbert Walker Bush had always earmarked for the presidency, and despite his tear-stained rant a few years ago when Bush the Younger left the Florida state house, he has no iintention of letting that dream be thwarted.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger merlallen said...
I laughed my ass off at old poopy bush crying.