"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, September 19, 2008

Oops.
Posted by Jill | 6:03 AM
Oh, this is just too good. Paul Krugman found, in this article by John McCain about his health care "plan" in the September/October issue of Contingencies magazine, the following:
Opening up the health insurance industry to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation.


Uh, Senator? You want to maybe think about revisiting that idea in light of the events of the last week?

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger Nevum said...
Jill,
What makes you believe that McCain can remember what happened last week?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I flipped when I read his health "care" proposal, even before the bank meltdowns.Not only the fact that my tax bracket will go up for the same thing I'm getting now,oh yeah, don't forget the "credit". But what I'm supposed to do with this windfall is go out and find my own insurance.
Now, I have handled my own legal cases against property managers back when I rented (I won 7 out of 9 cases) and I've done my own taxes and friends taxes all my adult life. I even handled my very own IRS audit (got all my money plus interest}. But trying to go thru the health plans that my company offers us every year is like the diffrence between building an erector set and builing a car engine.
So how am I, a person that CAN get thru most of the twists and turns of forms and regulations, supposed to be able to figure out which company is not ripping me off and is giving me the care my family needs? Let alone most Americans that get so confounded and frustrated with just doing their taxes that they take them to someone else? Yeah, I know where the new jobs will be-Health care advisors that you pay to figure out which plan is best for you.Just hope they don't work for an insurance company!