"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday Big Blue Smurf Blogging: What They Said
Posted by Jill | 7:35 PM
As you may have noticed, I've been trying to keep it clean over here. Because I am in the position of having to seek gainful employment, this here little bloggeroo is likely to get me into enough trouble, what with turning poor Nipper into some kind of freakshow mutant McCain Hound and explaining what my aspirations for Feisty Old Broadhood are, without cursing like a longshoreman. It's difficult, too, for a trashmouth like myself, when faced with the train wreck that is Nipper McCain, to keep it clean. Oh, the sacrifices we make in the quest for filthy lucre.

But tonight we honor a blogger who is under no such restrictions, and who has been on a real tear lately, and that is our good friend Ornery Bastard. And while I wouldn't want to have to clean up after him, he's pretty much covering the sputtering, let-it-all-hang-out beat while I'm here trying to figure out if I can still walk in heels.

So go visit him for a while and catch up on just about everything he's written this month, especially his screed about Karl Rove from earlier this month.

Money quote:

I get so angry at that little episode alone, I won’t bother to try and list the many, many things that you should be hiding from.
The subpoena that HJC has?
Dude, in my book, you had better stay gone, forever. You could very well be the modern Eichman, and you know it.
You know damn good and well Bush and Cheney would truss you up and use Revlon Lip Gloss and and preparation H on your pretty little mouth, right before they staked you out in front of the nearest Fire ant mound and put a can opener into a 55 gallon drum of honey dripping down the crack of yer ass while they try to make the first helicopter out of town.
Fool. they not only don’t have your back, they are hoping to use you as a distraction.
The price you pay, traitor.

Executive Privilege also means throwing chum to the investigators to keep them busy.
Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Phil said...
Thank you so much!
I am wishing you the best. Seriously, I want you to find something that you are happy with and pays you the filthy lucre above and beyond what you are looking for, so you can crawl back into the gutter and start saying out loud what you think!

So many targets, such a limited vocabulary on my end, fuckers.
Hugs to you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Jill,
If you worry what your blog will do to your employment chances, ... Well, just remember, you're archived!

Be sure! They WILL look, and you have been rather vocal about most "big #choose your industry here#".

But I suspect that if your Web2.0 skills are top notch [they are, aren't they?] and if Mr Obama wins, they will tend to overlook that....

Just remember however, that no matter how good your Web skills, you can always be replaced by an H1B.... Or an illegal Mexican!

Seriously, all the best. And good luck!

Blogger Melina said...
well, that cheered me up!