"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, July 22, 2008

His Master's Voice
Posted by Jill | 9:26 PM

"His Master's Voice"

John "Nipper" McCain, at a Town Hall Meeting in Rochester, New Hampshire today:




Yes, you heard correctly:

Now I'd like to mention offshore drilling if I could. My friends, we have to drill offshore. We have to drill. The oil executives say within a couple of years we could be seeing results from it. So why not do it?


Well gee whiz, if the oil executives say so, it must be true.

Just what we need...another president in the pocket of the oil industry.

(OK, so I don't do it as well as Driftglass. So sue me.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger Melina said...
Did you make that McNipper? Im so proud!!
I wanna learn how to photoshop....as soon as I have time to blog and maybe even post a thing or two.
from the sickroom on the new gold coast of manhattan....
yr pal mb

Anonymous Anonymous said...
How do we know it's not really the likes of Government-funded astrologers and fortune-smellers "advising" The Terrible-Tempered Mr. Bang all along?