"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere
Posted by Jill | 5:55 AM
Because it's raining, there's nothing on the job boards yet, and I was up too late last night working on the vitally important task of grafting John McCain's face onto poor Nipper the Victor dog, who has done nothing to deserve such indignity.

I'm starting to recognize a Lower Manhattanite post at a thousand paces, and in this one, he notices something very interesting about Bob Barr. (Side note: In general, if you want to know what I missed last week because I had to stay in town and put my head on the block, Group News Blog has some damn fine Netroots Nation coverage, and they make me wish every day that I could write half as well as they do.)

Maru manages to find some lol in John McCain, a mighty feat.

ltr on Michael the Savage Weiner's latest stupidity. There's something wrong with a world in which I lose my job because the money went to Iraq instead of into NIH, and Weiner gets paid millions to spout utter crap.

Pierre Tristam has some serious reservations about Barack Obama's economic plans -- that they don't go far enough.

Kate Harding covers a study that debunks yet another misconception about the overweight -- that they are lazier and harder to get along with than their thin compatriots. I don't know...my experience is that it's the people who are constantly on diets who are the ones ready to snap your head off. I carry a certain amount of extra avoirdupois myself, and the references my colleagues are providing prospective employers, well, I had no idea they thought so highly of me.

Note to DCap: You have to do it on video and be dancing for it to really work. (Though you have to acknowledge the fabulousness of someone who has a photo taken of himself next to a meat counter in a Finland supermarket).

Our own Carrie on the Dumb Bunny School of Economic Reporting.

Go ping Earth-Bound Misfit's hit counter. She's got Vanity Fair's "sauce for the goose, baby!" answer to the New Yorker Obama cover.

If the fact that Obama and McCain are running so close at a time when everything Republican should have been discredited by now and that you still have friends who've chosen to believe that Obama MAY YET be a secret Muslim terrorist doesn't depress you enough, this report from Brad Friedman will make you want to stick your head in the oven.

In case you thought Phil Gramm, co-architect of both the Enron AND the mortgage messes, couldn't get any sleazier, Blue Girl digs up the news that he's a tax cheat, too. (And don't forget, last night Keith Olbermann reported that Gramm is still very much a part of John McCain's campaign, and is still a prime candidate for a cabinet spot, possibly Treasury Secretary.

Have a nice day!

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share