"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, April 10, 2008

Air America hitting the Rhodes?
Posted by Jill | 7:01 AM
TRex is reporting (via Green960) that Randi Rhodes has been fired. Nothing from Air America yet, but that's what we hear.

If that's the case, I have just one thing to say:



UPDATE: Press release from Air America. Yeah. "Exciting new talent." Last time they used that line they replaced Sam Seder with "Lionel". I'm not kidding, AAR....you give Sam that PM drive time slot or refund my premium subscription money.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Wow...would that every unemployed person in America who was shafted by an employer could land someplace else that quickly.

Press release from NovaM Radio:

The Nova M Radio Network is thrilled to announce the addition of “The Randi Rhodes Show” to its nationally syndicated talent offerings beginning this Monday, April 14, 2008.

Randi Rhodes is the #1 rated progressive talk radio host in the nation.

Nova M CEO John Manzo says, “I just can’t stop smiling - Randi is simply the biggest and the best. Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy under one roof – talk about TALENT!”

Randi Rhodes adds, “With Manzo at helm of Nova M, I am truly going to work for the best of the best. He is radio elite…and I am too . I’m home, I’m home, I’m home!”

“The Randi Rhodes Show” will air live Mon-Fri from 3-6pm Eastern on The Nova M Radio Network.


I finally joined NovaM as a founding member this morning. At least they're trying.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger pjs said...
AAR Website:

Air America Media was informed last night by Ms. Rhodes that she has chosen to terminate her employment with the company.

We wish her well and thank her for past services to Air America. We will soon announce exciting new talent and programming that will accelerate Air America’s growth in the future.

Also, Wwen you go to http://www.therandirhodesshow.com/ you get redirected to the AAR home page. Was she dumb enough to let them host it for her? And now they're sticking it to her, apparently.

Blogger Jill said...
Good for Randi: "You can't fire me, I quit."

AAR will find that this is a very pyrrhic victory, especially with Rachel Maddow the closest thing to a "star" that they have -- and she sure looks like she's on the way to MSNBC. AAR is supposedly in talks with MSNBC to simulcast David Gregory's show (which gives credence to the idea that Gregory is keeping the seat warm till after the election, after which it will be Rachel's show to do with as she will (hopefully it includes Kent Jones).

Lionel is a complete bust, they have no New York affiliate, and at this point I wonder if Sam Seder would even TAKE the spot (though I would not fault him if he did -- afternoon drive time is not something you turn down if it's offered, even if it's done under such crappy circumstances).

Just like with George W. Bush -- we knew Mark Green would be bad, we just didn't imagine he'd be THIS bad.

Blogger Melina said...
heh...watch for Rachel Maddow to be the next Don Imus. Hows that for effecting change in the country!?