"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, March 09, 2008

Rachel Maddow Rachel Maddow Rachel Maddow Oh Please Dear God make it Rachel Maddow
Posted by Jill | 10:10 PM

Little Tucky is toast:

Insiders tell TVNewser Tucker Carlson's 6pmET show Tucker is getting the axe, but Carlson stays on as a political contributor to all MSNBC shows at least through the 2008 election. The official announcement, expected tomorrow, will include details about who will replace Tucker at 6pmET as well as other political programming additions. Sources say the network is going to beef up its schedule with more NBC News talent.

In recent days, Jossip, as well as other blogs, ratcheted up the talk that Tucker would be replaced "for a new project." In its 33-month run, Carlson's show has had two names, four time slots and multiple formats. At 6pmET, it builds on its Harbdall lead-in on some days, but loses audience on others.


I know, I know, Rachel Maddow has just gained an additional hour on her radio show, which looks an awful lot like AAR trying to keep her off of Countdown. But she's the logical choice to replace The Effete Fratboy. Besides, if Maddow jumps to MSNBC, that leaves the 6-9 PM slot open for the Seder Maron Experience.

We can only hope....

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
7 Comments:
Blogger adam k. said...
I've heard Rachel Maddow is a Hillary supporter... which doesn't surprise me, most lesbians I know are Hillary supporters... but I just found it interesting given your feelings about Rachel and about Hillary.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
In other news, most wombats I know are Ron Paul supporters, and given your feelings about Ron Paul, I find your support of wombats interesting.

Blogger Jill said...
I've heard Obama is a Muslim, too. Doesn't make it so.

Even if Maddow is a Hillary supporter, that's HER business, not mine. And she was pretty harsh on Hillary last time she was on Olbermann, with the "...as far as I know" bullshit.

I'm not an Obama cultist, and I don't think all Hillary supporters should be strung up by their fingernails. If I did, I'd be out of a job, because the director where I work is a FOH. As long as there isn't blind adoration and refusal to see anything wrong with her, I don't care who she supports.

Randi Rhodes likes Hillary as a person, but she's been just BRUTAL about what Hill is doing.

Blogger Jayhawk said...
Rachel Maddow would be great, but I'm so giddy about Tucker being gone that if they replaced him with a carrot I would be happy. Actually...

Blogger missy said...
But what about us that don't have cable? Don't take my Maddow away!

Blogger StinkyLulu said...
please please please please please please please please let it be rachel please please please please please

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm with you on this Jill, especially since Air America went off the air 2 weeks ago here in Eugene.