"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, March 07, 2008

Time for another I Am Spartacus moment
Posted by Jill | 8:09 AM
I've been thinking for the past few days that with the right planning to use Barack Obama's middle name as a slur, perhaps we ought to take it back for him. Obviously I'm not alone, as one of Andrew Sullivan's readers had the same idea. So I say we have a blogswarm and appropriate Obama's middle name as our own, to demystify it and remove it from the reptilian brain cage in which it's held.

So for the time being, as you can see, our banner has been renamed to "Brilliant Hussein at Breakfast." Doesn't exactly slide off the tongue, but since I only blog under my first name, it makes it hard to adopt it as a middle name. Doesn't mean I won't do it, though.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
11 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
>So for the time being, as you can see, our banner has been renamed to "Brilliant Hussein at Breakfast."

Way ahead of the curve on this one. I've been calling you that for years. ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Devious Hussein Diva

Sounds good...

They wouldn't get it on my blog!

My real middle name is so boring in comparison.

Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...
in haloscan and regular comments i've been billing myself as:

minstrel hussain boy for over a week. it's been fun

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Vervet Hussein! (In solidarity with Barack and my many Muslim friends)

Blogger Porlock Junior said...
Not a bad idea.

Blogger Joshua said...
The Adventures of Tobasco Hussein da Gama has a certain ring to it.

I'll think about it. ;)

Blogger missy said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
fun little clip...
http://tinyurl.com/3ya3bf

Anonymous Anonymous said...
ta Hussain ta?

I do love symmetry.

Blogger Poli said...
Done and Done

Blogger Phil said...
Ornery Hussein Bastard,
Hmm, has a nice ring to it I guess, anyway, that's what's at the top of my Blog right now.

Busted

http://bustednuckles.wordpress.com/