"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, March 06, 2008

Oh, fer cryin' out loud...
Posted by Jill | 6:21 AM
If I start seeing Subliminal Symbols everywhere, does that mean I can has Nu York Timez collum 2?

First it was the "ZOMG BILL AND HILL ARE SIMULATING SEX IN THIS COMMERCIAL!!!!" fracas.

Then it was the "ZOMG THEY'RE SENDING THE MESSAGE "NIG" IN THE 3 AM COMMERCIAL!!!!" rant, hilariously sent up by the indescribably awesome Lower Manhattanite in verbal AND video form.

But this morning made me wonder why I don't check in with La Althouse more often, because today she's musing that Obama uses the word "bone" a lot. But it's not what you think, you dirty, dirty-minded people. It's about skeletons in his closet. Really. No, I'm serious. Stop snickering. I mean it. It's about the skeletons in his closet. Now cut that out!!

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ann Althouse is one of our finest young comedy writers. Unfortunately, her comic genius is lost on this terrible, unfunny world.

What?

Blogger Unknown said...
I do not avoid Ann Althouse. But I do deny her my essence.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well, she made it to the blogs, didn't she? Althouse is about as funny as Obamarobots.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The other day I was driving around lost in eastern Westchester County, and I ended up on a fucking little country road called Succabone Drive. How fucking hilarious is that? I chuckled for hours.