"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, February 04, 2008

This is what a finely tuned tin ear sounds like
Posted by Jill | 1:55 PM
This post today by He Who Must Not Be Named Other Than Calling Him Big Blue is so hysterically funny it stands on its own merit, requiring no snark by me:

I'm not poor. I'm not asking for charity. But this blogging thing takes an immense amount of time, and will take even more as the election season progresses. It's the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I do before I go to bed. Much of the time "blogging" isn't actually writing posts, it's reading the immense amount of email, reading an immense amount of news/other blogs/etc..., corresponding with various people, and various other activities which have become a necessary part of the "job." I wake up to 80 new emails, and if I leave the house for a couple of hours during the day (lunch, an errand or two) I'll come home to 200 more. It's become rather impossible to take a break because a break is simply deferring work.

Keeping this thing running, combined with other related obligations and activities, really is a 14 hour/day 7 day/week thing, and it makes it difficult to do anything else.

I prefer the advertising supported model to the extent that it works, but ad revenues, while not horrible, haven't been stupendous over the last few months either. Doing this blog is fun and rewarding in plenty of ways, but it isn't compatible with doing much else and I do have to keep my financial future in mind.

Anyway, if you're feeling generous consider hitting the paypal button below. If your personal finances are less than stellar, please don't and don't feel guilty about that. If you think this blog is a sucky one, consider throwing some change to a superior blogger instead.


I say we take him at his word Why not take a stroll through our blogroll, pick one of the many superior bloggers therein, and strike a blow against hubris (not to be confused with Hubris Sonic, who is one of those superior bloggers) by donating to one of them instead?

And now I have to get back to my full-time, 9-5 job. Some of us don't have the luxury of spending our entire days reading e-mail.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
13 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
When do we break out the tiny violin?

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm giving money to Atrios!! He has to read e-mail, after all. Who's with me? I said, who's with me?!?

So say we all!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Is this a repeat of the Scott Farkas Affair?

Blogger Phil said...
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
I am just Kicking myself for not hanging around here more ALREADY!

I am still laughing!

I take it there is no love lost?

Jesus, I'm still giggling.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
"Much of the time "blogging" isn't actually writing posts, it's reading the immense amount of email, reading an immense amount of news/other blogs/etc..., corresponding with various people, and various other activities which have become a necessary part of the "job.""

I thought blogging was all about, you know, writing some shit that other people might want to read. Like we should give a flying fuck that this asshole spends all day sniffing around for the tastiest scrotum to tongue wash?

Blogger Distributorcap said...
i will send him some George Bush bucks

Blogger Alicia Morgan said...
You too? I just about plotzed this morning.

Couldn't have picked a better time, could he?

Blogger Unknown said...
hey, jill, just wanted to stop by and thank you for participating in blogroll amnesty day!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Haven't you got better things to write about?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
posting open thread all day is hard work.

Blogger pjs said...
He has to do more than read e-mail, though. He also has to post things like "heh, indeed," with a link to something somebody else wrote.

Blogger Melina said...
I love this comment:

"I'd give if only you'd blog about BIOFUELS"

I'd maybe consider donating to this guy if he actually wrote something.

Pathetic...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
"I just about plotzed this morning."

I love "plotz". I gotta work that into a post.