"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm so disappointed...I didn't make this list
Posted by Jill | 1:24 PM

Wanker de luxe John Hawkins has posted his list of the "Twenty Most Annoying Liberals in the United States" -- and Your Humble Blogger is nowhere to be found.

Ordinarily I don't link to crap like this, but this list is notable for the amount of overlap between this list and my own Brilliant 25 of 2005:

1) The Huffington Post. OK, so I assigned the spot to founder Arianna Huffington, whereas Hawkins assigns the honor to the blog. Whatever. #19 on Hawkins' list, #16 on mine.

2) Randi Rhodes. #11 on Hawkins' list, #12 on mine.

(This is getting scary, isn't it?)

3) Jack Murtha. #5 on Hawkins' list, #9 on mind.

And the winner of the coveted #1 spot on BOTH lists: Cindy Sheehan.

The Hawkins runners-up who DID make it onto my list are George Clooney and James Wolcott.

I must admit to some shame at having not included Helen Thomas on my list, for she deserves a spot on anyone's list. Ditto for Paul Krugman. And I probably should have included Joseph Wilson, though I still have him in mind if I ever get it together to do the "Hunks of the Left Calendar" I've been talking about for two years.

I have to try harder to make Hawkins' list myself next year. Add that to my list of resolutions.
Bookmark and Share