"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, January 05, 2006

Set your DVR
Posted by Jill | 8:20 AM

I try mightily not to get sucked into too many television shows. At worst, it means you end up working your life around television. At best, it means you stack up more stuff on your DVR that you'll ever watch. Right now I have stuff on mine that I probably will never get around to watching. And how many network shows are really worth committing to? I mean, I love Boston Legal, but my life is not diminished because I rarely get to watch it. Lost is indispensable, and the upcoming Survivor: Exile Island promises more sick psychological fun and a return to nice beaches this season, but that's about my limit. With one exception.

That exception is the upcoming eight trial episodes of The Book of Daniel, on NBC. This show stars the eminently watchable Aidan Quinn as an Episcopal priest with an addiction to Vicodin and a gay son, who talks to Jesus. Needless to say, the Christofascist Zombie Brigade is having apoplexy over this show, and that in my book makes it "don't miss TV."

Pam reports that some affiliates have already dropped the show at the behest of -- you guessed it -- the American Family Association, thus proving that some companies have learned NOTHING from the Ford Motor Company Fiasco.

Even if you're only mildly interested, tune into The Book of Daniel Friday night. And go to Pam's site for more info on how to support the counterinsurgency.
Bookmark and Share