"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Yeah, and he said he only met Ahmad Chalabi on the rope line too
Posted by Jill | 1:45 PM

June 1, 2004:

Thank you, Mr. President. Mr. Chalabi is an Iraqi leader that's fallen out of favor within your administration. I'm wondering if you feel that he provided any false information, or are you particularly—

A: Chalabi?

Q: Yes, with Chalabi.

A: My meetings with him were very brief. I mean, I think I met with him at the State of the Union and just kind of working through the rope line, and he might have come with a group of leaders. But I haven't had any extensive conversations with him.


Scott "No Comment On An Ongoing Investigation" McClellan, today, denying that George W. Bush knows Jack Abramoff, who was a "Pioneer" donor to Bush's 2004 re-election campaign. "Pioneers" were so recognized for persuading supporters to give more than $100,000 to the campaign:

"The president doesn’t know him, he does not recall meeting him...It is possible that he could have met him at a holiday reception or some other widely attended event."
Bookmark and Share