"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, January 21, 2005

President Boxer
Posted by Jill | 9:21 AM

...is the latest addition to our blogroll.

I'm leery of branding any Democrat who happens to step up to the plate for five minutes as being the Chosen Nominee for 2008...it's an unfortunate habit that far too many DUers have adopted. It's very easy to look great for five minutes (see also: Barack Obama), but it's one thing to talk the talk; another to walk the walk.

In fairness to Obama, rarely has someone come into the Senate with the kind of pressure and expectations he has...but what I see so far is just another careful Democrat who puts making alliances over and above doing what's right. This may work for you if you're on Survivor, but it's not what I want in an opposition party.

Besides, the jury is still out as to whether I will support any Democrat for anything ever again. I'll know more about that when the DNC head is chosen. Note to wingnut cybertrolls: This does NOT mean I will be supporting a Republican, not even John McCain, after he sold out his own family to suck up to C-Plus Caligula.

But there's no denying that at least over the last two weeks, Barbara Boxer has shown what an opposition party is supposed to do. So the new blog is a place to keep up with what Babs is doing to fight the good fight.
Bookmark and Share