"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, January 06, 2005

I want 40 Senators to stand up today. Not one less.
Posted by Jill | 9:43 AM

There is absolutely no reason why every Democratic Senator who's in Washington today can't stand up today in support of John Conyers' report. This would force discussion of what occurred, and quite possibly throw the election into the House of Representatives, where of course they would certify the election.

But let it go to the House. Let it be resolved there. Because then George W. Bush will have gained two terms NOT through normal electoral channels, but once through a partisan Supreme Court, and once through a partisan House of Representatives. Mandate, schmandate.

What on earth are they so afraid of? The Republicans will say mean things? They're going to say mean things anyway. They've been saying mean things for the last 24 years. That Republicans won't work with them? Bill Frist has already used the expression "going nuclear" in regard to his dealings with the Democrats.

The Democrats have a MORAL OBLIGATION today to stand up today for all those they profess to represent, ESPECIALLY black voters who were systematically denied their franchise in Ohio this year through a variety of means. People died so that these people could vote, and this bunch of chickenshits is going to throw that in the garbage?

So I'm laying down the gauntlet to the Democratic Party today. You get 40 Senators up there today, and I'll continue to support you. If ANY LESS THAN 40 get up there, I'm done with you. I don't want your e-mails, I don't want your requests for money, and I sure as hell don't want you telling me you represent me. Because you will have shown me that you are at best craven little cowards who have forgotten who you're supposed to represent, and at worst, you're whores owned by the same corporations who own the Republicans. And I will know that elective democracy is dead in this country.
Bookmark and Share