"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Tell that to the guys at Walter Reed with limbs blown off
Posted by Jill | 4:40 PM

The insensitivity, narcissism, and outright cruelty of George W. Bush know no bounds. Here's what he told the newly-elected incoming Congresspeople yesterday (emphases mine):

I want to welcome you all here; Laura and I are so thrilled you're here. We want to welcome your spouses. I particularly want to say a thanks to your spouse for having supported your run for the Congress or the Senate. Laura and I know how hard it is on a family to be in the political arena. It's the ultimate sacrifice, really: sacrifice your privacy; it's a sacrifice of time with your kids. But you're going to find it's worthwhile -- serving this great country is an unbelievable honor, and both the elected official and the spouse are serving our great country.


So being a politician is the ultimate sacrifice. And here all along I thought that losing life and/or limb in combat is the ultimate sacrifice. I'm sure all those guys with parts of their bodies missing, trying to recover enough at Walter Reed and other medical centers to live some kind of a life will be happy to know that a bunch of guys all set to rake in the lobbyists' dough and perqs in Washington are the ones Bush thinks are REALLY sacrificing.

No wonder he thinks tax cuts for people who already have more money than they know what to do with is appropriate during wartime.

Did YOU vote for this guy?

(via Americablog)
Bookmark and Share