"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, January 06, 2005

It's an honor just to be nominated...I think
Posted by Jill | 7:50 AM
Good Lord. I've been nominated for a Koufax Award. This here modest little rantfest hasn't even been in existence for a year, and I've snagged me a Koufax nomination. Sure, the category is "Best Overall Blog by a Non-Professional", which is kind of praisation by faint damns, but I'll take what I can get.

My only question is "non-professional what?" Does this mean there's a public perception that I do this all day sitting around in my jammies at home drinking coffee nonstop and chowing down on Trader Joe's chocolate chip meringue cookies? Or does it mean it's just another vehicle for entertaining the six or seven people who actually read this to hopefully be entertained by my deathly prose without monetary compensation? Not that it matters, I happen to at least for now be fortunate enough to have a full-time job doing work I enjoy for decent pay, which makes me one of maybe 2% of Americans who can say that.

Anyway, who am I to quibble? It's a frickin' KOUFAX AWARD NOMINATION!! It's like playing in the World Series in your rookie year, man! So if you like what you read here, please go over to Wampum (and toss them a few bucks while you're at it, right now they're having to choose between putting gasoline in the car and paying site hosting costs) and vote for us. You can either vote right there in the comments, or e-mail at wampum AT maine DOT rr DOT com. (You'll need to translate this to an e-mail address; I think it's pretty straightforward what you need to do. I just don't want to give their e-mail address to spammers.)
Bookmark and Share