"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Fab Babs
Posted by Jill | 1:59 PM
Wow! Barbara Boxer just bucked the trend of brownnose, wussy Democrats and tore Condoleeza Rice a new one on C-SPAN. Once the archive is up, check it out. It's in the last half hour of the morning session.

Babs covered all the bases -- the memo talking about not introducing new products in August, the mushroom cloud warnings, the whole thing:


Boxer (referring to Condi reciting the Bush Talking Points about Saddam being a Very Bad Man): You should read what we voted on when we voted on war - we voted on WMDs



Condi sounded shaky, but in this exchange, we all know perfectly well what the only sound bite that will appear on MSGOP's site is:


Boxer:If you can't admit to this mistake...

Condi: I hope that you will not impugn my integrity...

Boxer: I am not, I am just quoting to you what you have said.


When Condi said that the South Asian tsunami presented a "wonderful opportunity" for the United States to reach out to countries in the Muslim world and build goodwill, Boxer bitchslapped her for being insensitive to the widespread death toll and devastation. Nice. (I wonder how Condi feels about Christians kidnapping Muslim orphans to indoctrinate them into Christianity. Probably in favor, if it benefits her husba---I mean, the President.)

What Boxer is doing is called being the loyal opposition. There's plenty about Condoleeza Rice that's incompetent, and it's not racist to call her out for the many botches she's made of national security policy. (See also: "I believe it said....Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.") The other Dems could take a page from her book.

Bookmark and Share