"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, August 05, 2004

The Mother of All Freudian Slips
Posted by Jill | 12:00 PM
I heard it with my own ears, folks. This came out of George W. Bush's own mouth when he signed the 2005 Defense Appropriations Bill this morning:

"They [our enemies] never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people ... and neither do we."


If you're an Air America listener, you'll probably hear it a number of times today. If not, you can see it for yourself right on the White House web site. Scroll down to the 4th paragraph from the end.

UPDATE: Atrios cites that AP has actually picked this up for its wire.

ANOTHER UPDATE: In case it hasn't been beaten to death, see it for yourself here.
Bookmark and Share