"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, August 04, 2004

It's STILL the hypocrisy, stupid!
Posted by Jill | 6:53 AM
With the selection of John Edwards as the Democratic Vice Presidential nominee, of course we can expect three glorious months of GOP rants against trial lawyers. I guess the Bush Administration is against ordinary people like you and me having access to the legal system for redress of grievances. No, I'm not talking about Bush hiring his very own trial lawyer in case, oh, say, he gets indicted in the Plame case. No, I'm referring to a relatively minor fender-bender from 2000.

The Daily Mis-Lead is citing a story from the New York Daily News from November 2, 2000 (page 31, to be exact) in which it seems that the Brat-in-Chief "sued Enterprise Rent-a-Car in Austin over a fender bender involving his
daughter, even though no one was hurt, and insurance would have covered the
collision. Bush "also tried to sue the woman who was driving the rental car but was unable to serve her with papers."

So I guess in the Bush Future, not only can we expect to work long hours for no pay for guys making 3,498,600 times what we do for running companies into the ground, we can also expect to be sued by these very guys should we have the misfortune to encounter their daughters in motor vehicles.
Bookmark and Share