"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Admit it. You're going to miss her.
Posted by Jill | 6:11 AM
It isn't every day that Michele Bachmann's particular brand of crazy comes along (though it IS increasingly frequent). But you know, we're going to kind of miss her. A little. Just a teeny bit. Well, maybe not at all. NYT:
Representative Michele Bachmann, the Minnesota Republican who made an ill-fated run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, announced Wednesday that she would not seek a fifth term in Congress next year.

She made the announcement just six months after being re-elected in what was her most challenging Congressional campaign since she was first elected to the House in 2006. Her announcement also comes as her former presidential campaign faces inquiries into its fund-raising activities.

¶ “I have decided next year I will not seek a fifth Congressional term,” she said in a video on her campaign Web site. “This decision was not impacted in any way by the recent inquiries into the activities of my former presidential campaign or my former presidential staff,” she added.

It's tempting to want to put together a video of Bachmann's greatest hits, but everyone's going to do that. What I'm going to do is post the video that popped into my head the minute I heard about Bachmann's departure (The punchline is worth waiting for):

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Mark W Adams said...
More to the point ... and yes, I'll get you for making me sit through that ;-)

REJOICE

Blogger Ufotofu9 said...
I was the perfect age when Animaniacs came out; about 12. I laughed at the kiddy jokes, but most of the adult stuff didn't go over my head.

This is a great sketch. Brilliantly written, and even the normally odious Ben Stein is tolerable.

Blogger D. said...
I shall miss her the way I miss the mumps and chickenpox.