"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, December 13, 2008

Malia, Sasha.......and Joe
Posted by Jill | 7:00 AM

The Obama girls aren't the only kids who were promised a puppeh after the election.

It seems President-elect Barack Obama's children were not the only ones promised a dog after the presidential election. Biden's wife, Jill, made the same assurance to her husband if he and Obama, his running mate, won the election.

Jill Biden had taped pictures of different dogs on the back of the seat in front of Biden on his campaign plane to inspire the candidate as he crisscrossed the country in the final sprint to election day, according to published reports during the campaign.

Saturday, Biden selected a three-

month-old male German shepherd from one of Brown's litters, a puppy that will turn out to be a "big boy," Brown said with a chuckle.

"He is the nicest person on this earth," Brown said about her meeting with Biden, the Democratic senator from Delaware, now getting ready to take over the office of vice president.

A spokeswoman at Biden's transition press office said the office does not comment on Biden's personal matters but did confirm that Biden had two German shepherds in the past and likes the breed.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
I promised Mrs. Bazzer a new puppy if John McCain won the election since she'd be all depressed, but I didn't have to deliver.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That is a little cutie, and I am *so* not a dog person. I keep hearing that German Shepherds are smart dogs, so maybe he can help Joe out on those days he has to have a talkin' to certain Senators..... ;-)

Blogger Jill said...
I'm sure Mrs. Bazzer feels she won anyway. I made a bet with a co-worker that America would not elect a black guy named Barack Hussein Obama president. She thought this country would do it out of guilt. We were both wrong, but I wrote her the $100 check anyway. Best damn check I ever wrote. It was a sucker bet for her, because I won either way. Either I'd get $100 or the president I wanted.