"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, May 17, 2014

Farewell to one of our own
Posted by Jill | 6:28 PM
Thanks to Tata for posting about the shocking and untimely passing of our own occasional contributor and proprietor of The Rix Mix, Bob Rixon. I never met Bob in person, but when I was looking for contributors to hold down the fort, Bob, a regular commenter in those days, seemed an apt fit -- and so he was. I have always been a fan of The Rix Mix, with its unique and often poetic musings on life in New Jersey. Bob's Garden State was a gentle and often magical place, far removed from the "Joisey" of Jersey Shore and The Sopranos and he brought a welcome calm to this rantblog. We'll miss him. You can hear Bob's radio archives from his program on WFMU here and read some of his poetry here. I'll post information about a planned memorial service if I hear anything.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Patricia said...
I had a Nana too, like Bob.
I am bereft. My Nana was a singer in Atlantic City, in the bygone days of the 20's. I really connected with so much he had to say. I loved his memories and poetry.




Blogger D. said...
Condolences; I didn't know his work, but he must have been good.

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Well, speaking as a fellow Bob, I only hope I get a better online sendoff than Bob Rixon. Like, wow, one other comment here and one under his last post? Bob deserved more recognition and respect than that.