"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dispatch from Casa la Brilliant: Superman Returns
Posted by Jill | 4:31 AM
I don't mean to turn this blog into a personal diary, but Mr. Brilliant's medical saga is starting to have more twists and turns than the roller coaster at Coney Island. Sometime during the night on Saturday, Mr. B. suffered a stroke. I am heading out now to Abercrombie and Neurosurgery Medical Center, where I hope Mr. B. is now, after Dr. Chess Club, a.k.a. a real-life Superman, and his real life Angel of Mercy, managed to get him sprung him from Klown Kar Hospital here in NJ, where an impaired but still with us on Sunday Mr. B. turned into an unresponsive person whacked out on three seizure meds with aspiration pneumonia. As of 9:30 last night he had still not arrived, but I'm assuming that if he didn't, they'd have called me.

I'll write more about this saga later, probably with somewhat less humor than last time, but right now I'm hoping that whoever takes out his breathing tube when they bring him out of sedation is under the expert eye of Spicoli the Anesthesiologist so Mr. B. doesn't freak out. At least I got to sleep a few hours last night without wailing. That might have woken the neighbors.

(Go to Part IV)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
7 Comments:
Blogger D. said...
You're on my "people to pray for" list.

Anonymous Syrbal/Labrys said...
Good grief, what a harrowing ordeal this has been for both of you! May some good news brighten your days soon!

Blogger mbarnato said...
Lighting a candle for you both, and sending best wishes.

Blogger elizabeth said...
Dammit! I thought maybe you all were out of the woods! I'll be sending positive vibes for both of you all the way from Seattle.

Anonymous The WP said...
From strength to strength, Mrs. Brilliant.

Blogger jurassicpork said...
You know Mrs. JP and I got your back, Mrs. B.

Blogger Wendy said...
You and Mr. B are in my thoughts (I'd say and in my prayers, but that is against my non-religion), and I wish you both all the best during this difficult and challenging time.

Look forward to reading some good news from your home front.

Hang in there, both of you. Mr B (and you, his soulmate, Mrs B) have put up an admirable battle in the past several months.

Take care,
Wendy
Vancouver, BC