"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, November 26, 2011

You're very welcome.
Posted by Jill | 12:14 PM


The other baffling mystery is why the Official Jewish Cuisine of Christmas Eve is Indian. (At least I'm trying to make it so.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
6 Comments:
Blogger Joshua Whalen said...
It's actually very simple. Allow this Brooklyn Boy to explain.
If you were looking for someplace to wat on christmas eve or on Christmas day, Chinese (and nowadays, Indians) were the only people doing business besides ourselves. Now, of course, it's become tradition, but like all worthwhile traditions, it was imsply rooted in practical neccessity.

BTW, I'm linking this. It's priceless.

Joshua Whalen
http://occupyyourbrain.tumblr.com

Anonymous The Wifely Person said...
Nah, it's not Indian...it's Italian, usually fettucini Alfredo, unless it's a Friday night, and then it's roasted chicken with citrus served with risotto...with a nice Chianti.

Not that I wouldn't mind a little curry.

Blogger Ahab said...
I found this sign irreverently heartwarming. Now I want chow mein.

Blogger Patricia said...
I love this post! My husband was a Jew and we used to spend Christmas Eve at the movies and then the Chinese restaurant! Happy memories!

Blogger Distributorcap said...
even my kosher grandfather wanted chinese food on xmas eve - but not with pork

Anonymous Anonymous said...
when i moved to Hudson, MA, i was delighted to discover that it is traditional on New Year's Eve to eat chinese food. it takes at least 3 hours for them to deliver so it's best to pick it up. can't wait for crab rangoon . . .

mrs. jp