"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, October 27, 2011

Random Thoughts
Posted by Jill | 6:30 AM
What the hell kind of country are we living in when a guy survives two tours of duty in Iraq where they told him he was fighting for our freedom -- and then is critically wounded by cops when he returns home because he was simply engaging in his right to peacably assemble to seek redress for grievances from his government?

Can we please stop this talk about how rich people are rich people because they work harder than the rest of us? Seriously...who is the last person, other than Steve Jobs, that you can think of who started out in a working class family and through smarts and hard work became part of the 1%? Most small businesses limp along, one bad year away from folding. (Link is to NYT)

I thought Lawrence O'Donnell was going to go full-out Howard Beale for a minute there.

Sue me, but I'm Team Rachel. (No, I'm not talking about that one. I'm talking about this one. The show is awful but this kid is sensational. Too bad they won't let her be the blues singer that she really is.)

Howard Dean is not the best argument for Grecian Formula.

Why am I not surprised?

But don't let this interfere with shaming and discriminating against the overweight. After all, the diet industry creates jobs! (NYT link)

Is it wrong to buy the Steve Jobs biography in hard copy instead of reading it on an iPad?
Bookmark and Share