"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, October 29, 2010

This is why the so-called journalists are having fits about tomorrow's rally
Posted by Jill | 7:20 AM
Funny, clever, snarky -- and touching:



John Stewart may very well find himself at the end of the day tomorrow in the position of being the most powerful messenger in the country. And THAT'S what's giving the press fits. Because their bread and butter is inanity, preposterousness, and famewhoring. Imagine if this rally actually gets people to, well, dial it back a notch and start using some part of their brain other than the basal ganglia.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
You know what I hate most about these kinds of rallies? It's that political bloggers will spend the entire next week arguing back and forth over exactly how many people attended.

Anonymous mandt said...
Or whose basal ganglia is bigger!

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Myself, I think 2,000,000,000 will show up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.