"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, October 03, 2010

Just wondering, is all
Posted by Jill | 7:39 PM
How is it that Meg Whitman can afford to spend over $100 million out of her own funds for a political campaign, but she can't afford to hire a housekeeper whom she'd have to pay a living wage?

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Anonymous Warren said...
Easy answer - she's a Republican...

Blogger PurpleGirl said...
Not just Republicans do that. I've known of Democrats who do that... people decide that certain jobs just shouldn't be well-paid. They don't consider that the work is worth very much and they want to keep certain expenses as low as possible. They convince themselves that the going rate is what they will pay, no more and (maybe) no less.

They, on the other hand, are very special people and worth their weight in gold.

Blogger jurassicpork said...
I read her housekeeper made $23 per hour... over twice as much as my largest hourly wage ever.