"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Cat Blogging: Pussy Whipped Edition

Meet Popeye. This is Popeye during the 30 or 40 minutes a day when he's actually conscious and alert.


The rest of the time he's waging a passive war on literacy, whether it's falling asleep on the laptop while we're still using it...


...falling asleep on the printer...


...or hogging the bed.

My cat runs my life, and thinks nothing of batting us around in bed when he wants ice cubes put in his spring water or fresh food in his bowl.

Quite often, I'm tempted to put to the ultimate test the old adage that cats always land on their feet and just when I'm about to open the window, he then looks up at me with an expression like this...


...and suddenly everything gets put in perspective.
Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Kitties have a better grasp on reality than we do, so chill our, curl up and purr.

Blogger casey said...
Hello JP,

Instead of the last line "...and suddenly everything gets put in perspective." I think that it could have been improved if it was "...and suddenly everything gets put in purrspective."