"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Happy Blogroll Amnesty Day!!
Posted by Jill | 5:10 AM
Photobucket

It's Blogroll Amnesty Day! Forgive me if I seem a bit under the weather, but I'm a bit hung over from all the excitement last night. No, not the one where we light candles, drink a glass of Manischewitz cream white and eat latkes, then we dress in red robes, dance under the mistletoe, dye eggs, and break out the Scrabble board in preparation for the big parade today; I'm talking about the Geek Superbowl -- the season premiere of LOST. Don't tell me how it ends, I had to turn the TV off after Hour 1, but what an hour it was, and how the hell are they going to resolve EVERYTHING in one more season? And what do we watch afterwards? Sorry, but Christian Slater talking to dead people just doesn't do it for me. I already know who the winner of Survivor: Heroes and Villains is because I've read the spoilers (thus saving me from wasting twelve precious hours of my life and eyeballs on YET ANOTHER season of famewhores Boston Rob Mariano and the aptly-named Parvati Shallow).

I'm going to be waiting for the bigass box set, complete with outtakes, Dharma candybar wrappers, bloopers, all the Web stuff about Oceanic Airlines and the Dharma Initiative.

But in the meantime, it's Blogroll Amnesty Day! This year's celebration may be a bit muted, because in my current job, I have even less time than I did before to prowl around looking for insightful, funny, and just plain fun blogs that get even less traffic than I do. There's also the fact that it's difficult to even FIND blogs that get even less traffic than this one does, except when the good people at Crooks and Liars are nice enough to link here. Then we spike for a day or so and go back to the 300-400 visitors a day level.

So if this isn't exactly and consistently in the letter of Blogroll Amnesty Day, it'll be in the spirit of Blogroll Amnesty Day.

Jess over at I Was Told There Would Be Bacon, who describes herself as "a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a vest soaked with booze", on the Tebow anti-abortion ad, the message of which is "I had a choice but I don't want you to have the same one because you might make a different one." (By the way, I won't link to it because of Blogroll Amnesty Day, but even Lord Saletan at Slate, who thinks we need to find middle ground with the Christofascist Zombie Brigade on this, thinks this ad is horsepuckey, and does a nice job of explaining exactly how guaranteeing a Heisman Trophy winner if you just pray enough is really irresponsible.

Our good friend Mike Hogan continues his noble, if quixotic quest, to keep small-town politicians honest at Pascack People. Mike is battling the Big C, so if you are the praying kind, you might send a little energy his way. We need him.


Evil Mommy
is an adoptive parent who explained to the Tebow family on Blog for Choice day why choice is not just about abortion.

Tata's place always makes me feel happy. And it has cats. And food.

Speaking of food, we do that too (specifically of the Trader Joe's variety), over at Disciples of Joe.

P.J. Sauter has not only kept Morning Sedition alive and kicking 24 x 7 for the last four years , but he's kept a home for Seditionisti and anyone who wants to participate, posting faithfully, every single day, since December 2005 over at Morning Seditionists. Go thank him.

I don't always agree with Jayhawk of On My Mind, nor he with me. But that's OK. He's always worth reading.

Sherry takes a critical look at the Bible.

I'll post other compendia tonight.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Anonymous tata said...
Thanks for the linky love, sugar!

Blogger spyderkl said...
Thanks so much!