"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wow. Just. Wow.
Posted by Jill | 5:42 AM
Partners in Health:

Cliff Landis is a librarian in Valdosta, Georgia who, until last week, was planning on a post-holiday replenish of his savings account. However, upon hearing about the suffering the earthquake has wrought, he decided to further deplete his own savings in favor of contributing to PIH’s relief efforts in Haiti.

But Cliff didn’t stop there. He also encouraged friends, family, and readers of his blog to give, promising them he would match every gift up to $10,000. Watch a video of what happened next:






Excuse me. I have to go donate some money.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Blogger Thursday's Child said...
The fact that I have no kleenex at my desk right now, is not so good.

Anonymous mandt said...
Stunning, beautiful, give from the angel within!

Blogger Bob said...
Good guy.

Anonymous invisible said...
Don't jump on me about this, please. I had to dry a few tears myself. But this sure did take me aback:

I am also a High Priest of the Faerie Faith, a Pagan religion. I began my training in Alder of 1999, and received my 5th Solar (3rd degree equivalent) on Winter Solstice of 2006.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I love him just the same.