"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, November 06, 2009

OK, comment spammers, let's go through this again
Posted by Jill | 6:32 AM
I'm talking to you, "Peejay Li", and anyone else who thinks you're going to comment-spam this blog:

You see, I get an e-mail every time a comment is posted on this blog. Around every three months, some fuckwad sets a bot to go in and comment-spam here. It's usually World of Warcraft crap, or cheap blue jeans and sneakers, but it doesn't matter what the product is. I don't spend a whole lot of time on Facebook, so I have time to, and ultimately will, go in and delete every last one of your spam comments. So you are wasting your time.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
Indeed, but the sad part is he probably doesn't even read this site himself, and his bot is likely on autopilot, so he has nothing to lose. It takes him zero effort to spam but costs you hours in cleanup. This was a perpetual cat-and-mouse thing when I was actively blogging. It's almost impossible to keep ahead of them.

Blogger Melina said...
But wait....I need cheap blue jeans and sneakers...

Anonymous jb said...
For what it's worth, Wordpress is infinitely superior to Blogspot in catching spam comments. It's infinitely superior in many other ways, too, and I'm happy to be using it for my blog. Biggest drawback is that if you use Wordpress.com to host your blog, you can't customize its appearance quite as much as you can at Blogger.com, but if you use Wordpress' software on your own hosted site, you can customize until the cows come home.