"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, July 19, 2009

I defy you to read this linked post without weeping
Posted by Jill | 11:56 AM
Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Distributorcap said...
one at a time... i know it is slow but it is the only way at this time

that was a great story

Anonymous OM said...
It's not easy (and from the comments on that site, I know I'm not the only one who feels like that). Do Liberals, in general, try to win over these people just by showing them the light, or do we treat them as the hate-filled bigots they are and ignore them?

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Well, I never expected that ending. Still, it only proves what I and others have been saying for a long time: We fear that which we don't understand and a little exposure can go a long way.

Yet it still surprises me that there are so many people who still don't get it, that gays, lesbians and bisexuals are as human as us and really just want the same exact things like love, marriage, acceptance, equal rights.

But, as with exposure, a little ignorance can also go a long way.