"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, June 19, 2009

Around the blogroll and elsewhere: Health Insurance Company Windfall and other outrages edition
Posted by Jill | 5:14 AM
Everyone bow down now and worship your new Insurance Company overlords (and nothing says they're actually going to have to pay, either):

John Aravosis: The Democrats are caving to the right AGAIN.

Ezra Klein notes that everyone is going to have to buy health insurance. But not better insurance that actually pays for your care. You know, the kind where a gum-chewer with a headset on the other end of the phone decides what care you get.


Howie Klein
: Slick ads are fine, but they don't tell the whole story.

Digby and Monkeyfister: Remember when Tom Daschle was said to be so vitally important to health insurance reform? Important to WHOM?

NYCEve and other bloggers meet with Bill Clinton about health care reform. Note how many of the women wear demure black dresses to protect themselves from the outrage of Ann Althouse. The woman in the black dress and cardigan had better prepare herself for an Althouse slam, though.

Tim F: Screw the Republicans. Sell the damn proposal already.

I used to be disappointed that I'm not going to Netroots Nation again this year (last year I had to cancel because I was being laid off from my job). Not anymore, now that the conference has decided to suck up to the Christofascist Zombie Brigade. (h/t)


Dave Neiwert
: The "Minutemen" are not about patrolling the border.

I like the breadsticks at the Olive Garden, but not enough to go there after they caved to the fifteen people demonstrating outside the Ed Sullivan Theatre. I got the joke, I knew it wasn't about Willow, Bristol is over 18 and has agreed to be a public figure now, the two girls look alike anyway, and Letterman did something Republicans never do -- acknowledge that the perception is what's important, not the intent. No "I apologize if anyone was offended" crap like the wingnut racists do (or for that matter, "I'm sorry I sent a racist image to the wrong list". He acknowledged that the perception is what made it wrong. If Republicans are always forgiven for any number of heinous statements without doing anything approaching penance, the Palinista/PUMAS will be satisfied with nothing less than David Letterman committing suppuku live on camera.

Driftglass: Picture, thousand words, etc.

And finally...nobody says it better than Bustednuckles.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger Bob said...
I guess if I absolutely must have a plate of spaghetti in a family restaurant, I'll have to go to Spirito's, an inexpensive place in town here since 1932, owned by real Italian-Americans. Spirito's serves a traditional antipasto, too.