"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, May 01, 2009

Somewhere out there, Busby Berkeley is smiling
Posted by Jill | 7:00 AM
This is truly spectacular - from the China Disabled Persons Performing Arts Troupe:





The dancer in the front is Tai Lihua, who has been deaf since the age of two. She writes on the troupe's web site:
I am deaf and suffer from lack of hearing, but I am happy. There are hundreds and thousands of outstanding artists in our country. The disabled artists are privileged to perform in famous theatres in more than 40 countries. It is our country that made this possible for us and many kind people have helped us realise our dream.

My white dance shoes share my best moments in life.

My white dance shoes bring me the joy of life.

We share our experience with the world:

As unyeiding as nature may be,

so must we ceaselessly strive along.

As tolerant as mother earth may be,

so must we act within our world with virtue.


Simply glorious.

(h/t)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger Jennifer said...
Stunning.
That made my day, Jill. It's good to remember that there is such beauty in the world amidst all the pain and anger.
Thanks so much for posting it.