"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, April 30, 2009

He may have switched parties, but Arlen Specter is not our friend
Posted by Jill | 6:43 AM
What can I say? Lynn is just a nicer person than I am, choosing to believe that Arlen Specter's party switch was a result of being fed up with Rush Limbaugh than simply craven political opportunism. One of the things about being a political blogger over lo these last almost five years is that it becomes difficult to ascribe anything but the worst motives to anyone.

But with Specter having spat in the face of those who embraced him by voting against President Obama's budget yesterday, it's time to start thinking about a real and viable primary challenge to this POS opportunist. I don't care if he's Biden's buddy and Obama decided to endorse him for re-election. Arlen Must Go.

I'm not necessarily convinced of the impact of Facebook on local elections, but Adam Green over at one of the Heather blogs has set up a Facebook page where you can pledge to give $25 to any real progressive who decided to mount a primary challenge to Arlen Specter. I'll go 4 times better: I'm pledging right here, at my very own blog, to give $100 to any progressive who mounts a primary challenger to Arlen Specter.

And by the way, while we're at it, let's plan to give a dollar a day to make Norm Coleman go away too.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I don't agree that it is the best way to spend your money. There are many people that need to go before Specter!