"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, November 27, 2008

Things I'm Thankful For Today
Posted by Jill | 6:19 AM
I'm thankful for my gene pool, which has blessed me with good health.

I'm thankful for my spouse of 22 years, who still makes me laugh.

I'm thankful for my sister, who was only too willing to build a relationship with me after I hated her for decades for being "the pretty one."

I'm thankful that my former employer laid me off in August, before things really started going to hell, and I'm thankful that I was able to find a new job quickly.

I'm thankful that Sarah Palin is not going to be the Vice President in January.

I'm thankful that I've been able to separate this holiday from the Norman Rockwellery and become able to do with it as we want.

I'm thankful for my many friends, virtual and meat world, who visit this blog and who feed my soul every day.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. And may those who are being buffeted by the winds of corporate greed right now find the wind at their back soon.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger Phil said...
Happy Thanksgiving Jill.