"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, November 29, 2008

Let's resolve for 2009 to never, ever listen to conservative economists ever again
Posted by Jill | 2:49 PM
This one comes to us via the inimitable Driftglass, and as you watch these bozos giggling at Peter Schiff like Maureen Dowd making fun of Barack Obama, you understand why the word "douchenozzle" was coined:


Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger D. said...
Why just for 2009? Why not forever?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
This was a great montage; thanks so much for posting it!!

I used to find Ben Stein amusing when on 'Win Ben Stein's Money' a while back, but over time he has really shown his true conservative colors. I think he's also a pro-life nut so you can add that to the mix.

Arthur Laffer is a joke. I saw him on Real Time with Bill Maher recently and literally had to change the channel/stop watching because his simpering, sniveling attempts to defend 'the Laffer Curve' in light of recent events just made me cringe.

One silver lining in this economic crisis is that many great minds are rising to the surface. Among them (for me) are: Nouriel Roubini (economist ), Nasim Nicholas Taleb (essayist/scholar), Sheila Bair (FDIC), Naomi Klein (The Shock Doctrine), and Meredith Whitney (the analyst at Oppenheimer who has predicted the market crisis pretty well).

Again, great post and I enjoy your column ....

Anonymous Anonymous said...
No just 2009 d ;) Cheers and a nice weekend.
Greets from sms guy ;)