"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Ugly American Goes to a Rally
Posted by Jill | 8:39 AM
These are people waiting to get into a Sarah Palin rally in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, October 11, 2008:




I'm ashamed that these people live in my country. I'm ashamed that generations of American young people have died fighting for the United States and the American Dream and this is into what the country they fought for and which we love has degenerated -- a place full of frightened, angry, hate-filled lunatics. I'd say animals, except that for the most part, animals only kill for food and don't know hate.

This is what you have wrought, John McCain. This is what you have brought upon our country with your win-at-all-costs lust for the presidency. This is what you have unleashed. And it won't go away if you are elected -- or if your froth-mouthed minions succeed in beating the crap out of enough black people and college students that they deliver you the White House for which you so obviously lust for so insatiably. You used to be a human being, Senator McCain. Go look in the mirror. Do you like what you see?

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I turned the sound off. So many Americans no longer think in full sentences but only in sound bites and they don't know and don't care about the issues that do affect their lives. It is sad and we all pay for it.

PurpleGirl

Blogger prin said...
oh, gee, jill...i so did not need this to wreck my peaceful sunday morning that i had going on...this scare me so much...for obama. i can only hope that he recognizes, when he is elected, this ignorance is a real threat to his safety. i can only hope he will be given the time to prove them all wrong. my greatest fear is that someone will kill him before he has a chance, like they did jack, bobby, martin and all the others that came before him....

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It's sickening and sad to think we share our country with such small minded and hateful people. I guess it's a good thing, though, to have it dragged into the sunshine. They whisper this shit to each other all the time. Palin and McCain have given them license to shout their ugly thoughts.

Let's just hope it stops at shouting.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Excellent article. I know my late husband didn't fly many missions in WWII for the mess that's going on today.
It is unforgivable what this bunch has done to this fine country.