"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Tonight's Debate

This is pretty much how McCain looked minutes after the first debate. If it was a boxing match, Obama would've been pushed into a neutral corner, "Canvasback" McCain given a ten count followed by CPR followed by Obama being up on murder one charges.

Virtually every poll out there, whether it's the NBC/WSJ, the CNN Opinion Research poll, or the always-suspect Gallup has Obama ahead of McCain by at least 6 percentage points (always factoring in for the usual 2-3% margin of error, of course).

Hm. Think maybe McCain's constant flipflopping, pandering, or his non sequitors is finally catching up to him? Or maybe his pert and perky running mate is proving to be, as we'd predicted, his lipsticked albatross?

Or maybe more of us have been exposed for so long to the possibility that we're about to elect the first African American president that we hardly think about reaching for the rope or our rifle, anymore.

Whatever. I won't bother live-blogging the debate but I guess I'll have to do my grim duty and watch this one since the Red Sox aren't playing and I'm too lazy to pair up my gym socks so I'll be weighing in between tonight and tomorrow morning with my impressions.

In the meantime, who's playing the McCain drinking game? Everytime he says "maverick", confuses Spain with Latin America, thinks we're down to pre-surge levels in Iraq, thinks Ahmadinejad is the sole dictator of Iran, says the election will be in January, that Shi'ite Iran is funding the Sunni al Qaeda and claims that Pakistan borders with Iraq, take a shot of Geritol. Maybe that'll keep you awake long enough to get all the way through the senior abuse to which we'll once again have to play witness.
Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger Bitty said...
Since they're going to be in a town-hall format and free to walk around, McCain is bound to get a glimpse of Obama this time.

I look forward to seeing the hate exploding all over McCain's face on live TV.

I wonder if anyone in the crowd will holler "terrorist"?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
rOh, no, the drinking game had to hinge around "my friends". Good lord. It was cheesy the first time out, covered with mold about the 5th time.

And did anyone else yell WTF? at the tv when McCain said there was no time for "on the job training?" Huh? What about his running mate?