"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, October 27, 2008

Did Tom Brokaw admit to knowing that Ohio was fixed in 2004?
Posted by Jill | 5:37 AM
If so, then we know why John McCain is spending so much time and money in Pennsylvania when it would seem to be futile.

In June of this year, I linked to this Mark Halperin blurb in which he cites John McCain telling voters in Pipersville, PA that "the state will pick the winner in November -- and he will be behind until right before the polls close."

I wondered at the time if McCain was allowing slip that the fix is in, and after watching this remark from Tom Brokaw on Press the Meat yesterday, I think it is.
MR. BROKAW: Four years ago I interviewed President Bush at a time when it looked like he may be in trouble against John Kerry, final weekend of the campaign. I showed him a map. He said, "Oh, I just don't do that. Karl Rove does that." As soon as the interview was over, he said, "I'll win here," and pointed to southeastern Ohio. Where will you win if you win?


And Karl Rove, on Fox News Sunday:
"In order for McCain to win, he's got a very steep hill to climb. He's got to win all of the toss-up states. ... Then he needs to strip away Ohio and Indiana. ... And then he needs to either win Colorado and Virginia ... or win one of them plus Pennsylvania. ... It's a steep uphill climb."


But not if the fix is in. Not if the apparatus is in place in one of those states plus Pennsylvania to cage enough voters and flip enough votes and shortchange enough machines in inner city Philadelphia to flip it for McCain.

And that, MY FRIENDS, is why John McCain is spending so much time in Pennsylvania, and why the conservative pundits are so willing and eager to chalk this election up to being over while the more mainstream pundits are falling all over themselves to try and come up with a plausible McCain victory scenario.

And this is how we wake up on November 5 to find that John McCain's herculean efforts in Pennsylvania came to fruition and brought him victory.

Because the fix is in.

And it always was.

Many more really ominous signs here.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
This is my fear as well. I was very disturbed by McCain's confidence that he will win. After what happened in 2000 and 2004 anything could happen this year.

Blogger Tata said...
I feel sick, but - really - you don't think they went to all that trouble to shred the Constitution, set up the Department of Homeland Security, build prison camps and bankrupt the Treasury just so they could hand over the reins of power, did you?

If Obama wins, I'm not sure I'll believe the nightmare is over, either.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Fucking hell.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I, too, am fearful of shenanigans. Of course, Stalkin' Malkin, Pammy Shrugs, John Hindrocket and the rest of the rightwing outrage cabal will shriek that Obama's website is full of dirty-trick registrations. Bunch of harpies.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have more faith anywhere there's no Republican Secretary of State running things. Ohio and Pennsylvania don't have me as concerned as Colorado and Georgia. And fortunately, there's too many Independents McCain ignored to play kissass to the Moral Supremacist base. So even after any electoral vote thefts, Obama will still win easily.

Sure, we must be relentless till the polls close on November 4th. We need a tsunami that can top every dam they build because a win is not enough. We need an unmistakeable mandate to cleanse every alleyway of the trash accumulation of the past 8 years.

Blogger Bob said...
I fear for this election. We're in a transitional stage in this country to alternative ways of voting & of counting votes, & we don't yet have national standards & security in place. This is top priority for a Democratic president & congress (calling Rush Holt). The Repugs know it. If McCain loses popular vote & squeaks out Bushian/Rovean electoral win, the despair & rage in America will be terrible to behold.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have to keep reminding everyone I know that it ain't over till its over. With every election that I have been witness too and for every one in the foreseeable future so close I try not to call it before 2am on election day.

But I know what shirt I will be wearing on that day! Show the McCain Palin hate machine who you support with this handy/funny shirt.

http://www.cafepress.com/thanksbutno

Blogger merlallen said...
If he wins, I hope to God his bodyguards keep an eye on Palin