"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, June 05, 2008

Obama v Lieberman

Someone please tell me that after Obama and Holy Joe walked out of camera range, Obama remembered his roots, slipped on the brass knuckles and went to fucking town on that scarecrow's withered, dessicated body.

I've never been too crazy about Barack Obama as our next president. I've never made any bones about that. But if Democratic aides close to Obama are telling us the truth, then his stock just skyrocketed with me. Because insiders who were in the Well on the floor of the Senate are telling us that Obama, just minutes after Lieberman lambasted Obama in a conference call to AIPAC (that was set up by the McCain campaign), put Lieberman's back literally against the wall and let him have it.

Obama, you may remember, endorsed Lieberman during his failed Senate primary and pointedly did not endorse the winner Ned Lamont in any meaningful manner even when he won the party's primary. Bill Clinton, at the same time, also stumped for Lieberman for one night in July of 2006 while Lieberman's beloved Israel was busy murdering innocent Lebanese women and children by the dozens.

So Lieberman decided to support McCain and to leave both Obama and Hillary to twist in the wind. Furthermore, he's agreed to become this year's Zell Miller and to speak at the GOP convention in Minnesota in September. Meanwhile, Harry Reid, slightly suspicious whether Lieberman's still a Democrat, will be watching him "very closely", as if Holy Joe speaking at the GOP convention and openly endorsing a GOP presidential candidate isn't already alarming.

It's high time that someone finally stopped treating Lieberman deferentially and with kid gloves, as everyone on Capitol Hill does with Israel, the greatest terrorist organization on earth (thanks in part to your three billion taxpayer dollars a year for their terrorist activities such as what we saw in July of '06 in southern Lebanon, people).

When the Democrats widen their lead in the Senate, as they surely will, then Lieberman's vote on things, which the Democrats haven't gotten on any meaningful bills in years, will be worthless. Without that razor thin majority, Lieberman's power as a swing vote will evaporate.

And, while I know that it's virtually an absolute necessity on the Hill to be two-faced and to stab someone in the back while making them think you're patting it, speaking as a non-politician who insists on honesty at all times, it galls me that Lieberman would shake Obama's hand on the floor of the Senate just minutes after attacking him in front of the right wing maniac war mongers at AIPAC.

So it's a very comforting delusion for me, that Obama only warmed up with his fisting technique with his wife Michelle then got in a few body shots and derived savage satisfaction as he heard Lieberman's bird-like ribs crack under the blows of his brass knuckles.

I would've set him on fire and then stomped on him like the bag of dog shit he truly is.
Bookmark and Share
6 Comments:
Blogger Jersey Guy said...
This post is flat out disgusting and not at all worthy of the space that Jill gives you to post here.

Memo to Jill: I am amazed that you tolerate crap like this here. Freedom of speech is one thing, but this post goes way beyond any limits of civility. I am a big fan and regular reader of this blog, but much more in this vein and I will have to reassess.

JG.

Blogger Jill said...
You gotta do what you gotta do, JG. I don't edit or approve what others who blog here write. I agree with you that the language in this piece is unnecessarily inflammatory, to the point that Melina's larger and very valid point about just which country's interests Joe Lieberman puts first and the fact that he is now a de factoRepublican who refuses to be honest about it are obscured because of the language that taps into the reptilian rather than the intellectual brain. I've suggested that it be reworded, not because it offends you, but because the language used interferes with the point she's trying to make.

That said, as a Jew myself, I too oppose the free pass that the right-wing government of Israel is given in whatever they decide to do, and I agree 100% with her views about Joe Lieberman. He is a disgrace not just to the Democratic Party, but to this country. Harry Reid should have kicked him out long ago, because his "caucusing with the Democrats" means nothing when he marches and votes in lockstep with the Bush Administration.

Blogger Jersey Guy said...
Phrased the way you phrase it Jill, I am in 100% agreement (including ethnic background). I the the language used in the OP, however, can do nothing to help the Progressive cause. Let the right use that kind of symbology, it no longer helps them, we certainly don't need to pick it up.

JG.

Blogger Jill said...
And because I am an idiot, this piece was written by the brilliant, if very passionate and opinionated jurassicpork, in a cross-post at his place. JP graces us with his presence only occasionally.

This is his opinion, not mine. You may disagree, and my other point about unnecessarily inflammatory language still stands. I do think there is a debate to be had about the U.S. rubberstamp of everything Israel does, but I also think that inflammatory language that does nothing but get people's defensiveness up is not the way to do it.

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Joisey guy:

Could you give me some particulars, you know, in the friendly spirit of constructive criticism (that is what you were attempting here, right? Or am I wrong)?

I crossposted this on my blog and I didn't seem to take any hits.

Was it when I said that Israel is the most well-funded terrorist state in the Middle East (which it is, thanks to folks like you and me)?

Or was it when I said that Lieberman ought to be treated like a flaming bag of dog shit on Cabbage Night?

Please, enquiring minds wanna know.

Or, not.

Blogger Jersey Guy said...
No, it was all of the descriptive adjectives and pronouns that you used in the OP that you didn't use in this response.

JG.