"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, June 14, 2008

Because the television news industry has decided to take the weekend off for a wake
Posted by Jill | 2:09 PM
Let's report some actual news, shall we? Today we're focusing on the midwest floods. Here's some video taken by "citizen journalists" -- you know, people who are documenting events while the news industry holds its wake.

Downtown Cedar Rapids:







Labels:

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
I found myself watching Faux News for a while today, just on the off chance that they wouldn't subscribe to the media-wide ban on any news other than Russert's death, and report on something going on in the real world.

Don't get me wrong; Timmy Russert was a halfway decent pundit, as pundits go. Kind of a goofball but occasionally got a good one in. And I'm sad that he's gone. But I'm not sure MSNBC gave this much time to Reagan's death...not that the SOB deserved that much time, mind you...

p.s. Faux got on my nerves after about fifteen minutes and I went back to HGTV until the wake is over...tnoxun

Blogger Toby said...
No war coverage, no coverage about the Iraqi's telling us in pretty clear language that they want us OUT of the their country and oh btw we're keeping our oil, no flood coverage... I am so glad I have the google and the youtube... the citizen journalist is the best we have - and I don't mean that disparagingly.